Tutorials by K S Jewellery Designs

Tutorials by K S Jewellery Designs
(Click on the pictures for more details)

Wednesday 30 October 2013

Dark and mysterious...

I have been exploring texture and shade with these dark and mysterious flower earrings.  Pink amethyst coin beads sit below petals made from sterling silver sheet which I have sawn, shaped and textured by hand.  The earrings have been oxidised and lightly sanded to highlight the details.

http://ksjewellerydesigns.co.uk/ourshop/prod_2928089-Pink-Amethyst-Sterling-Silver-Flower-Earrings.html
Pink Amethyst Sterling Silver Flower Earrings
 

The earrings have just been listed in my website shop: http://ksjewellerydesigns.co.uk/ourshop/prod_2928089-Pink-Amethyst-Sterling-Silver-Flower-Earrings.html
Don't forget you can use the code 'blog10' until 31st Oct
to get 10% off all purchases in my Website shop

2 comments:

  1. These are lovely Kristin but then I love oxidized silver over shiny any day! I like the combo of the purple with the silver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy, I have only ever oxidised a few of my jewellery pieces before but these earrings sort of chose that finish themselves!... I was shaping the petals by annealing and hammering and shaping, then annealing again. As I didn't bother to pickle each time I annealed, the silver got blacker and blacker, then as I was hammering the texture showed up in the black and I realised I really liked that effect. That's something I really love about this jewellery journey, how things happen by chance that can define a design - happy days!
      Kristin :)

      Delete