Tutorials by K S Jewellery Designs

Tutorials by K S Jewellery Designs
(Click on the pictures for more details)

Saturday 7 September 2013

Gemstone Bangles

Sterling Silver Gemstone Bangles (Carnelian, Amazonite, Amethyst) 
 
At the beginning of the summer I made a bezel setting for a rainbow moonstone.  The stone was roughly square and I hadn't made a square bezel before.  Having made it, I looked at it and pondered what to turn it into... a pendant?... a ring?  Then last week I decided to make it the feature of a bangle.  I used to make bangles a long time ago with 'coiled jewels' (http://ksjewellerydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/2009/12/sale-coiled-jewel-bangles.html) so decided to use a similar decorative clasp.

 Rainbow Moonstone Sterling Silver Bangle
 
I have just listed the 3 bangles above in my online shops (Etsy & Folksy).  The rainbow moonstone one is mine but I have just bought some more of these lovely stones so will be making another one very soon.
 

2 comments:

  1. These are nice Kristen, I love the design and the bangle. The amazonite colour is lovely with the silver.
    I have some squarish cabs too that I haven't used yet.... are they hard to set?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy- I didn't have too much trouble with the square cabochons but they have rounded corners so that helps. I had to reduce the height of the bezel for the checkerboard amethyst which was a first for me. I have been trying to set a teardrop stone but had trouble with the point. I am going to have to ask my tutor about that.
      Hope all good with you
      Kristin :)

      Delete