Tutorials by K S Jewellery Designs

Tutorials by K S Jewellery Designs
(Click on the pictures for more details)

Tuesday 14 May 2013

Abstract Daisy Pendant

I bought a disc cutter last week (one of my many new tools!) and, as a result, my love affair with circles can continue in a different dimension with perfectly formed, beautifully round circles (oh, joy!).  My sketchbook is currently being filled with 'circle' designs (circles within circles... circles on circles...  circles laid on top of another shape... you get the idea!). 
 
My Abstract Daisy Pendant below uses a circle as the base for the pendant and I explored soldering shapes onto the surface.  I like the contrast in textures of the matt finish for the background and the shiny finish of the 'petals'

 
 
Pink Amethyst Sterling Silver Abstract Daisy Pendant
 
 

This pendant is now listed for sale in my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/151150379/pink-amethyst-sterling-silver-pendant?ref=shop_home_active but unfortunately I seem to be unable to upload new products to my Folksy shop at the moment, so Etsy is currently the only place to view/buy my latest creations.  I am in the process of creating/designing my own website (ksjewellerydesigns.co.uk) so hope to get that up and running as soon as possible.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely piece! I agree that the contrast really makes the piece pop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shaiha and welcome to my blog!
      Kristin :)

      Delete
  2. That's lovely! Have you learned to bezel set too?

    I love my disc cutter too and have a bit of a thing for all designs circular :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy. Yes, I have learnt how to make a bezel at my jewellery course (more on that to follow in my next blog post). However, for this pendant, I used a ready-made fine silver bezel cup which have been working out fine, as long as I watch how hot I am heating them to. The first one I prepared to sweat solder on this pendant literally fizzled away in front of my eyes! You did recommended learning by mistakes, didn't you?! Shame my mistakes are so costly (time and money). Oh, happy days.
      Kristin :)

      Delete