Tutorials by K S Jewellery Designs

Tutorials by K S Jewellery Designs
(Click on the pictures for more details)

Monday 18 January 2010

New shop - old favourites

I have now opened a Dawanda shop to hopefully draw in some European customers to K S Jewellery Designs. The first pieces I have listed are some of my Textured Disc Earrings. These are proving to be some of my best sellers, so over the Christmas period I made some more and spent some time with my new camera taking photos.

Here is where I need your opinion... in my Etsy shop my thumbnails (i.e. the little pictures that show up in the galleries and lists) are the cropped photos showing more detail of the texture but... in my Dawanda shop I have chosen the first photo to be the one that shows the full view of the earrings.

What I can't decide is which is better - the 'cropped' or the 'full view' thumbnail? The cropped shot is supposed to be a bit more 'arty' and attract your attention amongst all the other jewellery on offer from other sellers... but maybe they are too abstract and potential buyers dismiss them not really understanding the item for sale.

FLOWERS - Fine Silver Textured Disc Earrings


PUDDLES - Fine Silver Textured Disc Earrings


PEBBLES - Fine Silver Textured Disc Earrings


LINES - Fine Silver Textured Disc Earrings


LEAVES - Fine Silver Textured Disc Earrings


DIAMONDS - Fine Silver Textured Disc Earrings


CIRCLES - Fine Silver Textured Disc Earrings

12 comments:

  1. Hi Kristin. Congrats on the new shop. I personally love cropped thumbnails, I don't think yours are too abstract, and they show off the distinctive textures beautifully.Just my opinion obviously LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lovely, I love the cropped pics best - they are more inviting/intriguing ;o)

    hugs

    hello gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pics and love the abstract views. Your selection of jewellery is great. Hope you get lots of sales

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your cropped pictures are defintely the best. They aren't cropped too much so you can still see what they are, with all the extra details which are missed with the thumbnails.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with all the above about the cropped photos. In each set, my eyes went to the closer up first. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. From a photographer viewpoint, I like the artsy pictures. However, I guess I feel differently from a potential buyer's viewpoint, I went to both of your shops on Etsy and Dawanda and, honestly, I like to see the entire product first. That is what will make me click on the product to see more. Then, I like the detail pictures to show the product more close-up.

    I also think you take some very nice, artistic pictures while still keeping the entire product in the photo. For example, when you hang your earrings against an outdoor background. I think those pictures give a very nice first impression of your products.

    Just my thoughts! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lovely. I love both but I think the close up for a thumb nail is ace, good luck I hope you sell loads. Can I just say a HUGE thank you , I love my necklace and my MIL and SIL loved their earrings. My MIL had the daisy disk earrings and had them on at the weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you to everyone for your feedback - I really appreciate all your comments about my photos. It is so helpful to hear other people's opinions and first impressions. Sometimes I get so involved with something that I'm not sure whether I can look at it objectively anymore.

    Mel - I'm so glad you like the necklace and everyone is happy with their jewellery.

    Kristin :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hii kristin your jewelery design is cool i really like it and and thanks for sharing your design with us.
    cash for gold

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey I found nice collection for rings and earrings. I like all from K S jewelry.. Small and suitable to all. Thanks...and I am planning to buy a whole set with matching necklace, rings and earrings.
    buy r4 ds

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning Kristin - I love the cropped photos too!

    I'm passing on the 'Sunshine Award' to you, see my blog for more details!

    Sunshine Award

    Maz x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Jason and welcome to my blog

    Thank you Jenny for your lovely words

    Thank you Maz and thank you so much for the Sunshine Award!

    Kristin :)

    ReplyDelete