Tutorials by K S Jewellery Designs

Tutorials by K S Jewellery Designs
(Click on the pictures for more details)

Thursday 29 October 2009

Autumn Walks & Carnelian Wire Flower Necklace



We are having a beautiful autumn in the south of England at the moment with some fantastic weather this week, which is just perfect for those lucky ones on half term holidays. I love walking in the local countryside at the best of times but autumn walks have to be my favourite just for the sheer beauty of all the different colours on show.



I also love the beautiful shades that carnelian comes in, from light shades of orange to deep russet red - a true autumnal gemstone. Here I have adapted my 'Wire Flowers' design to create this double petal flower with wrapped and coiled gemstones around the central bead.

As usual, you can find this necklace on sale in my Etsy and Folksy shops.

5 comments:

  1. Unusual delicate necklace certainly captures the feeling and colors of fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice design evolution on this piece Kristin! I like the way you have carried autumn's colors into it. Nice photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Grandma - I have certainly been influenced by the colours that surround me at this time of year.

    Thanks Kathleen - you're right, my flower design has 'evolved', first it got bigger (pendants and bracelets) and now double petals and coiled jewels. I am determined that flower jewellery is not only for spring and summer!

    Kristin :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kristin, You are really good designer that you have chosen all good jewelry. I have seen all of the popular post from you. Like it also... Thanks...

    r4i firmware

    ReplyDelete