Tutorials by K S Jewellery Designs

Tutorials by K S Jewellery Designs
(Click on the pictures for more details)

Sunday 7 June 2009

Thank you

I am really touched by all the comments I received on my last post 'Where is my inspiration?' . Thank you so much to everyone for your support and suggestions. I have certainly not been myself recently with regards to jewellery making but your comments have reassured me that losing one's inspiration or 'mojo' as some call it, is not uncommon.

Yesterday I finally made something (the first thing in over 2 weeks) - a bracelet as a 40th birthday present for a friend. This Blue Agate bracelet follows a very basic design (as suggested in some of the comments) and it was good to have a purpose for my work.
I have decided not to worry about this 'break from the norm' and have turned to other outlets for a while until I feel ready. Now my hands ache not from hammering and burnishing... but from a day weeding in the garden and putting in new plants I have grown from seed. This was a passion of mine from before I took up jewellery design and it has taken a back seat for a couple of years.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to see you're back! It's interesting that there was a common theme to start simple. Sometimes it's frustrating to feel like "regressing" but, never fear, the simple designs are still really popular with the general public. It's just as artists we always want to be pushing ourselves.

    I have to say, I'm feeling a case of the "blehs" lately. I have the inspiration, but no energy. So many challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristin,
    Well, that bracelet is stunning, so you're not doing too badly without inspiration! Give yourself a rest - it will work wonders.
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't if feel great to have started something again? i'm sure it won't be long before you really get into it again! Thise stones are gorgeous.

    I share your gardening aches and pains - that's my other passion too and my art has been taking a back seat to it recently. As physically demanding as it is, it's so good for the soul, and for creativity as well, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is great Kristin...the simplicity makes it sooooo elegant!

    I discovered gardening about 10 years ago and find it is a great way to free my mind. Although as you and Deborah discuss, the inevitable aches and pains come from working in the garden too.

    Trust me, your creative juices will start to flow and I bet come flooding back with tons of great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bracelet, in its simplicity, is absolutely gorgeous. I am sure your friend loved it! And I'm happy to read you are feeling better :-))

    ReplyDelete