Tutorials by K S Jewellery Designs

Tutorials by K S Jewellery Designs
(Click on the pictures for more details)

Monday 16 February 2009

Sometimes life just takes over!

It's been a while since my last post. I've been meaning to blog but sometimes life just takes over.

First the positives - last week a very nice lady in Candlewick Green (a gift shop in Reigate, Surrey) has agreed to display some of my Fine Silver Texture Disc Earrings in her shop. Fingers crossed for some sales. As I had given her all my stock of my disc earrings and wanted to take my jewellery to show at another shop later that week, I spent the next few days creating some more. I had quite a production line going and, boy, did my fingers and thumbs ache afterwards from all the filing, brushing and burnishing. But as the saying goes... no pain no gain! As well as texture, I have also been experimenting with spirals wrapped over beads.

Then things took a turn on Saturday afternoon when my son broke a bone in his ankle and I spent 3 hours in casualty with him on Saturday night and a further 3 hours today at the fracture clinic. This is all quite depressing because he hurt his ankle last summer and spent over 3 weeks in plaster and now it's happened again but even worse. It looks like his lower leg will be in plaster for at least 4 weeks this time, poor lad.

As a result, I haven't really had any time to photograph my latest texture discs. I took a few photos this morning but have a lot more to take - hopefully tomorrow will bring some good light.

No comments:

Post a Comment