Tutorials by K S Jewellery Designs

Tutorials by K S Jewellery Designs
(Click on the pictures for more details)

Saturday 24 January 2009

Little Flowers

I think I have finally cracked my new design of little flowers made from one length of wire. It took several attempts and quite a bit of silver wire (why, oh why, didn't I practice with silver plated wire first?!). The design is based on my Daisy Flower set I made last summer (necklace, earrings and hairspins).





This time I wanted to include a gemstone in the centre that is held in place by the end of the wire. I worked on this over several evenings struggling to get a final piece that I was happy with. I was probably 're-inventing the wheel' (my husband often accuses me of this) but I haven't seen a tutorial that offers this design. Also, it is quite satisfying when you puzzle through your difficulties. Mine were mainly how to make the flower sturdy as well as neat.




I reckon there is a lot of potential in this design and have already made a pendant to match the amethyst earrings and am thinking about pointed petals, more petals, double petals, hammered petals, textured petals ..... Any further suggestions, anyone?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kristin,
    I've just discovered your blog as I too follow Jo at Daisychain and I saw you do too. I have read all of your posts - your jewellery is lovely and very inspiring considering you have only just started. Hope for me yet then. Will check back regularly.
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Vicky, thanks for stopping by my blog and such lovely comments, it's always nice to get feedback. I am now 'following' your blog too and look forward to seeing more of your designs.
    Kristin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for cracking it, perseverance prevails!!! I've just done a similar flower with pointed petals in the next issue of Beads & Beyond but mine has a wire knotted middle though. Out this month!! Mine is on a hairband!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elaine - I'd love to see your flowers, do you have a picture of them on your blog or a website somewhere?
    Kristin :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check out my tiara website its Faerie Wishes the link is on my blog, they are mainly beaded ones but the flowers for the magazine I cant publish them until the magazine is out, send me your email address, I might be able to show you a close up photo. When I have done this current issue 20 tutorial I am considering doing some for my blog. :0))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your flower designs, so pretty! Your jewelry is lovely.

    ReplyDelete